shabby blog

Friday, March 12, 2010

Things I love

I was thinking the other day about things that I love in my life -- ironically it was on a day that was a real "Hoover" (yes, as in brand of vacuum cleaner) -- and I came up with a large number of things. What I realized was that, despite many things in my life that I don't understand, I am soooo blessed. I don't always understand why God has chosen to bless me with so many wonderful things in my life. I am so unworthy. So...you may not be interested, but I would like to share a portion of my list of blessings with you -- more for me so that I can have a written record to refer back to on those rather "Dyson" days!

1. I have Jesus in my life and I get to worship Him freely
2. I have the most amazing husband that loves me and all my craziness!!
3. Jackson -- my first born (by a whole minute!) -- is a complete joy. I love the way he says "I wuv you mommy" and likes to rub noses like eskimos and play "pirate ship". Boys are so fun!
4. Madison -- my precious girl -- is a blessing. I love how she already loves shoes and clothes (and shopping for them!! Look out wallet!!). She has such a tender heart for all people around her. I hope she keeps that.
5. I love my extended family and my extended in-law family. You guys are wonderful -- Dave and I couldn't be more blessed with people that love and support us.
WARNING!!! THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MAY SEEM A LITTLE MATERIAL TO SOME -- THEY ARE, BUT STILL IMPORTANT FOR SANITY IN LIFE!!!
6. my bathtub with jets -- I am completely spoiled and addicted. I would bathe about 5 times a day if our water heater would keep up.
7. makeup -- I NEVER leave home with out it on my face. I don't feel complete.
8. clothes -- I love to shop for new things (even if it's just window shopping). It just makes me feel better to have something new every so often.
OK -- BACK TO THE NOT-SO-MATERIAL THINGS
9. I love date nights. Time alone with my hubby is priceless. I don't care what we do, just spending time with him is enough. (wow, that sounded sappy!)
10. I love doing things to make myself better -- reading a self-improvement book, working out, or taking a nap -- whatever it is, I want to be the best me that I can be.

Ok, I could go on for a while, but 10 is enough for today. What are the first 10 things in your life that you can think of that are a blessing to you?!? I would love to know.

Have a great day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment